Assignment Guidelines: Faculty Perspectives Discussion
The following is a playlist of video interviews with College of Professional Studies faculty who are also professional practitioners, describing their educational and professional experiences, including what they find interesting and engaging about their respective fields. Please note: due to the recent merge, you may hear reference to Granite State College. GSC has merged to become the online division of the UNH College of Professional Studies.
1. Watch the first two videos: Chuck Bagley, Lecturer in Adult Learning & Development, and Laurie Quinn, former Provost & Vice President of Academic Affairs at College of Professional Studies. These two interviews have applicability across fields of study.
2. Watch at least one other interview of your own choosing.
3. Write a discussion post that responds to the following questions:
- What are your observations about the role experience and formal education have played in the academic and professional development of these faculty members?
- How would you characterize the role your own experience and formal education have played in your professional or personal development? (No right or wrong answer here, just what you think!)
4. Respond to at least two other classmates’ initial post. In this course, one response will generally give you basic credit. In depth, substantial posts and replies to more than one student post will give you a higher grade on this assignment. Any assignment submitted later than three days after the due date will receive a zero for the assignment.