Guidelines for Strategy Workshop
The intent of this discussion is to prepare for the Personal Learning Mission assignment by:
- Reflecting on what you’ve learned about the content knowledge and competencies needed for your personal, academic, and/or career goals,
- Brainstorming strategies for taking advantage of the knowledge and skills you already have, acquiring the content knowledge you need, and developing the skills you need.
Begin your post by providing your classmates with context for your reflection by identifying your field of study and any other information that would be helpful to set the scene. Then use these questions as a starting point for your discussion post:
- What conclusions have you reached about the most essential content knowledge and skills needed for success as a student of your field and as a professional working in the field as a practitioner, researcher, or scholar?
- What trends and issues have you observed from the CRIT 602 assignments that you expect to be involved with yourself, either now or in the future?
- What specialized knowledge and skills are needed to address the trends and issues you’ve identified?
- Of the specialized knowledge and skills you’ve identified, what do you already have and what do you need to develop?
- What ideas do you have for strategies to support the academic and professional development needed for the role you aspire to play in your field?
Respond to at least two posts. Offering suggestions for academic, professional development, or prior learning credit strategies would be a good way to generate discussion.